To help alleviate the backlash, Microsoft promised it would release a dongle that would add the port to the device before the year was out, but it wasn't until March of this year that the company shared anything else about the device when it promised it would be out in 2018.
San Francisco: Microsoft is reportedly releasing Type C USB dongle that would slot in the "Surface Connector" charging port on existing devices, allowing users to connect or charge from a USB-C charger.
Did I mention it costs $80? Well, the moment has finally arrived, as The Verge reports that a Microsoft Surface Connect to USB-C adapter is finally coming to commercial customers on June 29th, with a price tag of $79.99.
You would think that Microsoft would have future-proofed most of its devices with built-in USB-C ports, but you'd be wrong - the company has generally (the Surface Book 2 being the exception) stuck with its proprietary magnetic Surface Connect port so far.
Microsoft didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
"When Type-C is ready for our customers, to make it easy for them, we'll be there", Panos Panay said past year. If you love Type-C, it means you love dongles.
"Add our Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter to the newest Surface Pro to attach to USB-C docking solutions with expanded connectivity to external displays, power, and more", Microsoft explains in Surface Pro product page.
- Ariel Winter fires back after being accused of violating photo copyright
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez endorses primary challenger to Stephanie Murphy
- Cent Mocks Terry Crews' Testimony On Sexual Assault
- Instagram’s Value Jumped to $100 Billion in 6 Years
- PCB's anti-corruption unit summons Akmal over fixing claims
- US Supreme Court Upholds Trump's Muslim Ban
- Teen bride's death sentence for killing rapist hubby overturned
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Just Stunned the Political World
- Rep. Joe Crowley upset in stunning NY Democratic primary loss
- Mexican town's police force detained after murder of mayoral candidate