The girl was selling water in front of her home, which is near AT&T Park in San Francisco, where the Giants played a game this afternoon.
"An 8-year-old selling water in front of her apartment building where she's lived her whole life is NOT a reason to call the police", the woman captioned the video.
In the 15-second clip, the cousin follows a woman who has been identified as Alison Ettel.
The woman then turns around, looks at the camera and then ducks behind a retaining wall. "My little cousin is doing okay for those who are asking and her mom is going to be pressing charges for harassment".
"You can hide all you want", the mother says.
The eight-year-old girl had begun selling bottles of water from an cooler outside her San Fransisco apartment in a bid to raise funds to go to Disneyland.
She also told HuffPo that she only "pretended" to call the police on the girl.
Angry Twitter users slammed the woman for her petty actions. "The whole world gonna see you, boo".
In the video, Ettel stands up and replies, "Illegally selling water without a permit".
"Its not your property", the woman snaps back.
"They were screaming about what they were selling", she said. The woman on the phone counters "it's not your property".
In later tweets, the girl's cousin suggested the woman's actions were racially motivated.
"Only a devil would want to see an 8 year old child in the criminal justice system".
According to a story posted on SFGate.com at 4:30 p.m., Ettel, who says she had received death threats since the incident hit social media, made this statement after explaining that her anger stemmed from work stress and loud noise that the girl and her mother were making.
- Kit Harington & Rose Leslie Marry in Scotland
- Ronaldo-Messi debate goes far deeper than goals scored
- Switzerland Stars Facing Disciplinary Action For Goal Celebrations
- Hawks-Mavs swapping Doncic and Young
- Politicians can't ignore the people: Lammy on anti-Brexit march
- Jogger says US detained her for two weeks after accidental border crossing
- Galaxy S7 Active on AT&T gets Android Oreo 8.0 Update finally
- The Steam Summer Sale just launched
- Last gasp Shaqiri seals Swiss win over Serbia in Group E
- Game of betroths: Kit Harrington set to Wednesday co-star