Now Germany has some control of what happens.
Mexico is the only undefeated team remaining in Group F, but after Germany's comeback win over Sweden, El Tri will still need to get a result in its final match of the group stage to ensure that they make it through to the knockout round.
Toni Kroos' last-minute victor for Germany against Sweden later on Saturday means Mexico need a point against Sweden in their final group match to guarantee progress.
Insane as it seems, all four teams still have a chance to advance on the final day.
"We still have an excellent opportunity to qualify", Andersson said.
ESPN's Tom Marshall shares his thoughts on Mexico's success so far in the World Cup and how they aim to top the group by beating Sweden.
"We missed a couple of good chances but I appreciated the spirit of the team, we never lost hope of winning the match".
Among those watching were Bollywood Badshah Shah Rukh Khan, who heaved a sigh of relief as Kroos fetched Germany the last minute win. Germany forced Sweden to play defensively for nearly the entire second half and eventually the attack paid off.
"Something that I did appreciate was that we didn't lose our nerve, we didn't panic after going down". "We kept a level head".
Loew sent on Mario Gomez in place of Julian Draxler at halftime, and it took just three minutes of the second half for the equaliser to arrive.
Sweden had a lot to be upset about when the final whistle blew on Saturday. "I didn't see any aggressive gestures". "You cheer together, maybe, and you leave your opponents to feel sad, and that is the end of it".
Germany coach Joachim Low said he was not aware of any taunting.
Hummels was replaced by Antonio Rudiger for the game in the Black Sea resort city, having sustained a neck injury in the lead up to the clash.
It was the first time Ozil was dropped from the lineup in a major global championship in his senior career.
The hapless Koreans, who have no points after two matches and have only won one of their last 11 World Cup fixtures, will be eliminated if Sweden draw or win against Germany.
- Belgium vs. Tunisia - Football Match Report
- Trump threatens 20 per cent tariff on European Union cars
- Game of betroths: Kit Harrington set to Wednesday co-star
- Uber Test Driver Was Watching "The Voice" When Self-Driving Car Crashed
- Last gasp Shaqiri seals Swiss win over Serbia in Group E
- Hanley eyed in connection to ongoing federal, state investigation
- Explosion at Emmerson Mnangagwa election rally
- Jogger says US detained her for two weeks after accidental border crossing
- Stradivarius could be Melbourne bound after Ascot Gold Cup triumph
- Sanders says restaurant owner kicked her out because of Trump