The Brazilian talisman was fouled 10 times in his country's 1-1 draw against Switzerland on Sunday.
The federation says Neymar has been in pain since the team's 1-1 draw against Switzerland, when he was consistently fouled.
While others were left to ponder if, much like President Trump's infamous coif, Neymar's statement 'do has the potential to become sentient in its own right.
On Instagram on Monday, Neymar posted a picture of his foot while receiving treatment alongside the message "work hard".
Team doctor, Rodrigo Lasmar, said he will have physical therapy on Tuesday and Wednesday and then also train on Wednesday afternoon.
It is the same foot in which Neymar suffered a fractured metatarsal and sprained ankle during Paris Saint-Germain's win over Marseille back in February.
World Cup Daily: Poland and Colombia fail to impress, while it just keeps getting better for hosts Russian Federation. This game is important and we're looking for three points.
And former Barcelona star Rivaldo, who tasted World Cup glory in 2002 and scored 35 goals in 75 appearances for Brazil, believes anything less than victory is unacceptable. Earlier, the first major upset of the tournament took place when Mexico's frenetic counter-attacking football saw them stun defending champions Germany 1-0 at the Luzhniki Stadium. "We need to be 110 percent to win our matches".
- Microsoft takes a stand against ICE separating parents from children
- Ashwin Willemse feels walkout incident 'was rooted in racism'
- New Zealand beat France 26-13 in 2nd test
- High Speed NBN Uptake Triples
- Merkel to Trump: Falling German Crime Stats 'Speak for Themselves'
- Starbucks Announces Major Store Closings Coming in 2019
- Clydesdale banks on Branson brand appeal in Virgin Money merger
- Trump huddles with Republicans as backlash over family separations intensifies
- Egypt 1-3 Russia: Pharaohs nearly out of Russia 2018
- Texas Sheriff Deputy Arrested Over Child Sexual Assault Allegations