Speaking with Oprah Winfrey during an upcoming interview for a SuperSoul Sunday episode and SuperSoul Conversations podcast, the five-time Super Bowl victor shared his perspective on the kneeling controversy, saying it sparked important locker-room discussions among the New England Patriots.
And then he went down on his knees to propose.
"I love having to come home to someone who engages me every night", Brady said.
In what's been released, Oprah, sitting with the Patriots quarterback in an outdoor setting, asked Brady about players kneeling for the national anthem. And I think I keep her, in some ways, in my belief - I know she's here - but I keep her just close enough where she doesn't go so far, you know? They both gave different answers simultaneously. "But I thought it was great". I'm like, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"
"We had meetings after practice, talking about how we wanted to deal with that particular situation in time, taking a knee", he said. "We chose to lock arms, and put arms around each other", Brady said.
"She stretches me in ways that, without her, I couldn't", he said.
In his decades-long experience playing football, Brady adds that he's played with people of all different backgrounds and that empathy for others is an essential part of any sport. In some ways we're different, when in some ways we're so similar.
Oprah followed up by asking whether there were healthy conversations happening at the time. "She flies in the sky and she's so creative and I'm very rooted". I could not imagine a better partner for me in this life, what I have gone through, how she supports me, the mom she is to our kids, ' he gushes over her in a video exclusive for the upcoming episode of Super Soul Sunday. And I'm like "GET UP!" because he just had surgery and had three staph infections. So she stretches me in ways that without her I couldn't be stretched. It's great, and it's so true.
Here is the entire interview with Vogue.
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas - Gameplay Trailer - Nintendo E3 2018
- Bachelorette Contestant Lincoln Adim Convicted of Indecent Assault
- Forget Mission E, Porsche's First EV Is The TayCan!
- Australia Parries China Influence in Pacific With Subsea Cable
- Sprint's $15-a-Month Unlimited Plan Deal Is About to Disappear
- Blasphemy referendum set to take place in October
- Daytona Beach firefighters work to rescue riders after roller coaster derails
- Qantas flight's '10-second nosedive' blamed on wake turbulence
- Fallout 76 to feature cosmetic microtransactions and free updates
- High Court backs man to sue Google for defamation