Jamie Foxx has been accused of sexual assault.
In the interview, Foxx asserted that the charge was "absurd" and vowed to challenge the woman's allegation in court. When she refused, Foxx allegedly slapped her across the face with his penis.
According to TMZ, the 50-year-old Academy Award victor is fighting back legally on the claim that she filed a false police report. However, the statute of limitations has long since run - it's 3 years in Nevada.
After the alleged incident, the woman claims one of Foxx's friends told her to leave, at which point she went back to her apartment in Los Angeles where she was treated for a panic attack, according to TMZ.
The alleged assault happened in Las Vegas, and according to law enforcement, the accuser, who remains unnamed, told cops last week that she and a friend were attending a party at Foxx's place.
The accuser, who has remained anonymous, said the Oscar victor assaulted her in Las Vegas almost 16 years ago, at a time when she said she was partying at his home there and he tried to convince her to perform oral sex. The site also reports that the #MeToo movement inspired the accuser to come forward with her claims against Foxx.
Despite the statute of limitations having expired, alleged law enforcement sources told the publication the case is now under investigation.
"The alleged incident was not reported to law enforcement in 2002 or at any other time in the last 16 years until last Friday because the incident never happened", the statement concluded.
- Uber wants to patent technology to detect drunk riders
- Peter Navarro's apology to Justin Trudeau for 'hell' remark
- Kudlow's Full Recovery Seen After Heart Attack, White House Says
- Arsenal and Chelsea to play friendly in Dublin
- Why Meghan Markle stood behind Kate Middleton for her balcony debut
- As Massive Storm Rages on Mars, Opportunity Rover Falls Silent
- American Red Cross launches 'Missing Types' campaign
- Purchases 1,604,680 Shares of Envision Healthcare (EVHC)
- Spain manager Julen Lopetegui sacked two days before opening match
- World Cup Returning to US After North American Bid Beats Morocco