In terms of power, Volvo is claiming that an S60 T8 Twin Engine Polestar Engineered will produce 415hp and 494lb ft, up from 400hp and 472 as standard.
Polestar has fine-tuned the engine control unit to raise the T8 plug-in hybrid drivetrain's outputs from 298kW and 640Nm to 309kW and 670Nm.
The Polestar Engineered S60 gets Brembo mono-block brakes with six-piston calipers, cast in one piece and optimized for rigidity.
Volvo will introduce the next-generation S60 on June 20 during an event held at its new Charleston, South Carolina, factory. The changes encompass upgrades to the suspension, brakes and engine management system. The ECU also recalibrates the eight-speed automatic transmission. A new strut bar and the adjustable shock absorber design are brought over from the larger Polestar 1 coupe.
Suspension tweaks include the addition of Öhlins shock absorbers with dual-flow valves, as well as the adoption of strut bar and adjustable shock absorber designs from the Polestar 1 plug-in hybrid performance auto.
"The new S60 T8 Polestar Engineered is an electrified auto that does what you want it to", explains Volvo's senior VP of R&D Henrik Green. The brake pads have increased heat tolerance while the brake discs' slotted design further improves heat reduction.
Volvo's T8 powertrain is comprised of a 2.0-liter turbocharged and supercharged engine, with an additional battery and electric motor mounted at the rear axle. Polestar emblems, black chrome exhaust pipes and gold seat belts round out the package's visual enhancements. "All components have been fine-tuned to work together, delivering a responsive and exciting drivers' vehicle".
- Manchester City to start title defence at Arsenal
- Kim Kardashian Asks Twitter Cofounder to Create Edit Option
- How anti-Trump hysteria helps the president on North Korea
- 'The Shining' Sequel Casts Ewan McGregor as Danny Torrance
- Antarctica's Ice Sheet Is Melting 3 Times Faster Than Before
- Love Island Niall's Friends Reportedly 'Can't Get Hold Of Him'
- Sadio Mane 'happy' at Liverpool amid Real Madrid rumours
- Is The Stock Risky? Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX)
- Kim Kardashian meets Alice Marie Johnson for the first time
- Netflix Is Adding Streaming Games To Its Service