Sources tell TechRadar that the games will be delivered to Netflix subscribers as video files which will be capable of accepting commands from any remote with directional and select buttons. "There's a broad spectrum of entertainment available today". While services like PlayStation Now have seen some success, interactive adventure games are much better suited to the format. According to a breaking report by TechRadar, a pilot program is set to begin with Telltale's Minecraft: Story Mode.
Sources also say that for telltale signs of what the product would eventually look like, one need look no further than Telltale's games on Amazon's Fire TV platform, such as The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us, which work with controls from little more than a television remote, and will ideally require no additional hardware to function fully. "The Stranger Things project is launching on the Telltale platform at a later date, not on the Netflix service". "Games have become increasingly cinematic, but we view this as interactive narrative storytelling on our service", they explained. You're all the way relaxed sitting on the back of your seat. This project, however, won't release on Netflix to stream (at least for the time being) and is instead being worked on as proper Telltale experience that we've grown accustomed to. You can always fast forward, but we are lazy creatures. If ... Thus, the idea of Netflix hosting streaming games is not exactly the biggest news ever, but it does show that Netflix is ready to expand into new media territory.
So Netflix is going to be "the Netflix of Telltale games", if anything.
"We don't have any plans to get into gaming", a Netflix spokesperson said, in response to TechRadar's report. "A lot of boxes of many different varieties in homes-millions and millions of homes across America, where people don't even think game-playing is possible on them, but maybe they're watching stories or consuming narrative-driven content or streaming it".
I can't figure Telltale out.
We will update this article if new information comes to light.
- Rebel Wilson defamation damages payout slashed almost $4m on appeal
- British PM fends off Brexit parliamentary defeat
- Whataburger pulls white buns, toast from some Texas locations
- Samsung Gear S4 (Galaxy Watch) to be available in a new color
- Don't have sex with foreign men’
- Anthony Martial's agent confirms client wants to leave Manchester United
- England coach Eddie Jones dismisses confrontation with South Africa fans
- President Trump Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize Again
- Is The Stock Risky? Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX)
- Oil prices fall as USA crude production hits another record