The celeb was met with mixed reactions after her visit to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, with some calling Kim a "pawn" while others applauded her overcoming any ideological differences she has with the President for the better good. Kardashian West heard about her story and advocated for her pardon and release in a recent meeting with President Donald Trump.
Kim Kardashian is traveling to Memphis, Tenn., on Wednesday to meet with Alice Marie Johnson, whose life sentence for a nonviolent drug offense she helped commute with an appeal to President Trump, according to a report.
On Wednesday, Us Weekly confirmed that the reality star and mother of three was headed on another cross-country trip in honor of the recently-released Johson. She said, "I love this woman".
Speaking about the phone call Kim made to tell her she can go home, Alice says: "I went into full fledge Pentecostal holy dance". "Kim was the one to tell Alice that she was being released". It was a flawless ending'. "Everything was going so bad for her, and she got desperate".
During the interview, Alice also revealed to Hoda that after Kim took on her cause she kept a photo of the 37-year-old and her husband Kanye West in her Bible. "Love you, Alice!" Johnson was sent to prison in 1996, 19 years before Snapchat introduced the filter options. The house reportedly belongs to a family member of Johnson.
The interview will air on Thursday (June 14) on NBC News' TODAY.
'I hope to continue important work by working together with organizations who have been fighting this fight for much longer than I have and deserve the recognition'.
'It was wonderful. I'm so glad that she was the one who was able to deliver the news to me.
- Whataburger pulls white buns, toast from some Texas locations
- Love Island Niall's Friends Reportedly 'Can't Get Hold Of Him'
- Miami among potential host cities for 2026 World Cup
- British PM fends off Brexit parliamentary defeat
- Your medications could be causing depression
- Trump Envisions Oceanfront Hotels and Condos in North Korea
- Uber files for patent to detect drunk passengers using AI
- 'The Shining' Sequel Casts Ewan McGregor as Danny Torrance
- Sadio Mane 'happy' at Liverpool amid Real Madrid rumours
- Elon Musk Buys $25 Million in Tesla Stock, Amidst News of Layoffs