Wan, despite his history with horror, won't direct, choosing instead to simply produce via his Atomic Monster company alongside Amblin, and the hunt is now on for a writer who can spin a new story. Wan will not direct.
For those that need a refresher, Rotten Tomatoes describes the horror-comedy. Just film a bunch of spiders crawling out of common places in people' homes and you have a movie scary enough to give many people heart attacks. Yuppie doctor Jeff Daniels, fed up with the dangers inherent in big-city living, has resettled in this town on the assumption that nothing untoward could ever happen here to himself and his family. "The audience, of course, knows that the culprits are those pesky South American spiders, which grow larger with each kill".
As well as a phobia-inducing final act, involving a leaping giant queen spider, the movie also featured a memorable performance from John Goodman as local pest control expert Delbert McClintock.
And I must say that James Wan is no stranger to horror films. We imagine that the remake is not expected in the immediate future given that James Wan is working on the post-production ofAquaman and on the production of two spin-off saga of Conjuring in which The Nun to be released in theatres next September.
- Saudi Crown Prince heads to Russian Federation for World Cup
- Chemical weapons watchdog: Sarin, chlorine "very likely" used in 2017 Syria atatcks
- Drake shares video for ‘I’m Upset’ and confirms ‘Scorpion’ release date
- Future unlimited for Terence Crawford - Bob Arum
- Pokemon Let’s GO Pokeball Plus Edition Price Revealed
- Russian Minister warns citizens against having sex with foreigners during World Cup
- Ivanka Trump tweets 'fake' Chinese proverb that was actually American
- Hunger-Impelling Anger Makes You Hangry, Research shows
- New York attorney general sues Trump Foundation
- Sony breaks locked Fortnite account silence, and fans are furious