A BRUISED but defiant Jeff Horn emerged at the MGM Grand on Sunday morning adamant he can still mix it with the best boxers in the game after his first defeat.
Glenn Rushton, the head trainer for welterweight contender Jeff Horn (18-1-1, 12 KOs) has revealed a mishap with his boxer's shoes - in the days leading up to the anticipated showdown with Terence Crawford (33-0, 24 KOs).
While Crawford showed he was a far more skilful fighter, Horn believes he can return to prove he also has more in his arsenal than what he produced on Saturday night. The attacks continued by Crawford on Horn, who looked to be overmatched at this point and on the verge of being stopped. Pacquiao is set to face Lucas Matthysse in July, for Matthysse's WBA title, but also has openly campaigned to face Vasyl Lomachenko in his next fight.
Crawford started the contest south-paw despite being a naturally orthodox fighter and was able to let his hands go and tag Jeff Horn who was eager to come in on the inside.
"I'm not happy, but I'm happy it's all over at least and I'm not feeling too bad".
Humbled on the big stage the night before, Horn put on a courageous front on a gloomy Monday morning (AEST) as he and his family began picking up the pieces.
"I feel like I'm getting better and better", Crawford said.
"We're going to make up a plan and see where we go, but I assure you that we're looking for the biggest fights out there".
Horn said the American was too crafty.
"I definitely don't want to leave here, losing a fight and then running", he said.
"Crawford is no Sugar Ray Leonard but he is still very talented".
Horn said he felt he still had plenty of fight left in him when the bout was halted.
But Lonergan said he had no regrets about Horn's first Vegas experience. "Possibly by the end of the year I'll have another fight". Hopefully they admired my toughness and I definitely want to come back and have some big wins over here.
- Frampton delighted by Fury addition, looks forward to Windsor Park headliner
- What Really Sparked Trump's Outrage Over Trudeau's Statement?
- Huawei Mate 20 to use a 6.9-inch screen
- Kyle Walker ready to sacrifice right-back role
- Millie Bobby Brown Deactivates Twitter Account After Becoming Homophobic Meme
- Opposition Fury as Jeff Smith and Labour supports Brexit
- Target removes 'Baby Daddy' Father's Day cards from shelves
- Rolls-Royce to Cut 4600 Jobs
- Dana White Meeting With Conor McGregor Next Week About UFC Future
- Chicago Picks Musk's Boring Co. for O'Hare Express Service