Federal Bureau of Investigation agent Chase Bishop appears in a booking photo released by the Denver District Attorney's Office, in Denver, Colorado, U.S., June 12, 2018.
When the off-duty agent goes to pick the firearm up, he somehow manages to squeeze the trigger, resulting in a sudden flash of light and panic among the watching crowd.
"If an additional charge needs to be filed after further evidence is received, we can file those charges then", McCann said.
A video of the incident that was released to the public shows Bishop, in a navy shirt and khaki trousers, completing a series of body rolls and a backflip, as a crowd stands around him.
Chase Bishop, 29, has been charged with one count of second-degree assault in connection with the June 2 nightclub shooting, according to a news release from the Denver District Attorney's Office.
He could then be seen casually picking up the gun, raising his hands and walking out of the frame.
Tom Reddington, 24, was left shot in the leg and reportedly will have to undergo vascular surgery to fix a major artery.
Bishop quickly holsters his gun as some patrons flee and others appear shocked and confused. The agent was taken to police headquarters and later released to a supervisor with the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Denver police said last week that the agent could face possible charges pending the results of lab testing to determine if alcohol was a factor.
Booking documents do not indicate if Bishop has hired an attorney.
Thomas Reddington, 24, who was hit by the bullet in the leg, told "Good Morning America" on Thursday that he was still confused by the incident.
The FBI declined to comment Tuesday on the filing of the formal assault charge against Bishop. "The whole team at Mile High Spirits is praying for the victim's quick recovery, and he's welcome at Mile High Spirits to enjoy complimentary drinks forever".
- Amelia Kerr registers highest individual score in Women's ODIs
- BSF Jawans including assistant commandant martyred in Pakistan firing
- Peter Navarro's apology to Justin Trudeau for 'hell' remark
- George Lucas on His Star Wars Sequels That Never Were
- Spain manager Julen Lopetegui sacked two days before opening match
- Kudlow's Full Recovery Seen After Heart Attack, White House Says
- Trump continues to praise himself for North Korea summit
- Former high school footballer player-turned-alleged cartel boss to be sentenced
- Arsenal and Chelsea to play friendly in Dublin
- American Red Cross launches 'Missing Types' campaign