Mourinho has lost faith in Martial despite a good first half of the season, with his game time significantly limited after the January arrival of Alexis Sanchez.
"Manchester United wants to extend Anthony's contract and does not want him to leave but we have not found an agreement for several months".
"Anthony is sad about his situation at Manchester".
"He loves the club and the fans, he showed it for three years".
Tottenham are also interested, and Martial has intimated that he would be prepared to move to White Hart Lane, though United would rather he was sold overseas. "Without the great support from the fans, he would have already asked to leave the club".
While the comments from Martial's agent fall short of an official transfer request, they are a clear indication that the forward who missed out on a place in France's World Cup squad this summer has decided he needs a fresh start in his career.
And while Martial's agent Philippe Lamboley assures that United are keen to keep him at the club, he feels the time is right for a change. The time has come.
Besides Tottenham, Chelsea have also been linked to Martial, and sources have also said that Mourinho could step up his interest in Chelsea winger Willian if Martial departs.
"Anthony has a choice, I cannot say anything else on this subject at the moment but you can imagine that the moment that a player like Anthony comes onto the market, lots of clubs are interested".
"I can not say anything on the subject at the moment but you think that from the moment a player like Anthony is on the market a lot of clubs are interested".
"Today, this is not the most important question [Which league would Martial want to play in]".
"Anthony just wants to play, find fun, the feeling with the coach will be crucial".
- England coach Eddie Jones dismisses confrontation with South Africa fans
- U.S., Mexico, & Canada to Host 2026 World Cup
- 9yo Fortnite addict wets herself to avoid turning game off
- Officials confirm Idaho’s first human plague case since 1992
- Your toddler is nearly definitely consuming too much sugar
- U.N. General Assembly condemns Israeli violence against Palestinians
- Jaren Jackson Jr. was a 'monster' in Suns workout
- Rebel Wilson defamation damages payout slashed almost $4m on appeal
- Chelsea Reportedly Leapfrog Tottenham in Pursuit of Championship Midfielder With £30m Bid
- Former heavyweight champion Tyson Fury wins in boxing comeback