However, some people aren't so keen. Yes, you read that correctly, and while-no surprises here-it is Meghan Markle, she is now a Duchess and did just make royal history. The parade marks the official birthday of the Sovereign, even though the Queen's actual birthday is on April 21st. However, for some harsh critics, Meghan was showing off too much shoulder and they took to Twitter to vent the criticisms: "Off the shoulder is inappropriate day wear at the Trooping or any official engagement", one critic snapped during their commentary on the event.
"I think right now in the climate that we're seeing with so many campaigns, #MeToo and Time's Up, there is no better time than to really shine a light on women feeling empowered and people really helping to support them, men included in that", she added.
Seems odd to us here in America where all are created equal - but yes, the British Royal family still follows the ancient custom of primogeniture where firstborn Prince William is the heir - and little bro Prince Harry is the spare. REUTERS/Damir Sagolj The newly married Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, leaving Windsor Castle after their wedding to attend an evening reception at Frogmore House, hosted by the Prince of Wales.
Generally speaking, the order in which the royals appear on the palace balcony is influenced by the Order of Precedence, rather than the line of succession to the throne.
According to royal expert and Majesty magazine managing editor Joe Little, there's an etiquette to these things.
Meghan Markle stood a little behind Kate Middleton.
However, a palace source reckons the former Suits star wouldn't have been given instructions on where to stand on the day, and likely made the decision herself.
Grant Harrold, an etiquette expert who served as a butler to members of the royal family - including Harry and his older brother William - told Fox News Markle will be too busy with her duties as a royal to pursue her acting career. "And there were a lot of kids who everyone would want at the front".
However, as stunning as she looked, netizens were not amused.
- Fed raises rates amid stronger inflation, drops crisis-era guidance
- Trump says Kim 'trusts me, and I trust him'
- Canada Responds After White House Says Trudeau 'Stabbed Us In The Back'
- George Lucas on His Star Wars Sequels That Never Were
- Paul Skyscraper Sets Off Social Media Firestorm
- Michael Cohen searching for new lawyers in FBI investigation
- SpaceX: Planning a futuristic campus in Florida to support innumerable rocket launches
- Newspaper: Former Panamanian president extradited home from US
- U.S. inflation accelerates to six-year high, eroding wages
- Purchases 1,604,680 Shares of Envision Healthcare (EVHC)