Trump said: "It's going great". And I know that we will have tremendous success together, and we will solve a big problem, a big dilemma that, until this point, has been unable to be solved.
As a Time report said, "Korean is a language with strict rules regarding formality, especially in terms of how leaders are addressed, a challenge that is only compacted because of Trump's informal style of discourse and Kim's position as the "supreme leader" of a totalitarian country".
"So it's a great honor", President Trump said at the signing ceremony early Tuesday morning. A lot of progress.
US President Donald Trump signed what he called a "comprehensive document" with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, capping an historic summit aimed at overcoming decades of hostility and mistrust.
The imagery for the high-stakes meeting was undoubtedly positive and Kim Yong-hyun, professor at Dongguk University in Seoul said: "The atmosphere of the summit looks very good". While an ICBM-armed nuclearized North Korea is indeed a major cause for concern for the world, Twitter and Instagram appeared to have their thoughts elsewhere, with the two leaders becoming the subject of quite a few memes.
Speaking at a press conference after the signing, President Trump also suggested the USA would suspend its joint-military exercises with South Korea in exchange for denuclearization, calling them "very provocative".
The US president has been pushing North Korea to dump its nuclear weapons, and formally end the war with South Korea.
- Arron Banks Insists There’s "No Evidence" Leave.EU Took Russian Money
- Warriors' Durant hints at retirement -- when he's 35
- Here's Why Meghan Markle Was Not Front & Center at Balcony Debut
- Arsenal in talks for Lucas Torreira of Sampdoria
- Canada rallies to Trudeau after Trump's insult
- Ruthless Nadal crushes Del Potro to reach final
- Russian Federation calls for implementation of JCPOA on Iran: Putin
- Actress Rose McGowan indicted on cocaine charge in Virginia
- Donegal women help break world record for biggest ever skinny dip
- Elon Musk announces Tesla to cut 9 percent of jobs