The much-circulated claim about Soros's Holocaust experience has been repeatedly debunked by reputable news sources.
His father also paid a Christian government minister to allow Soros to pose as his godson - during which time he once watched the official inventory the estate of a Jewish man who had fled the country. He was 15 when World War II ended in 1945.
Barr, who has been embattled on Twitter after some racist comments about former Obama aide Valerie Jarrett, which she apologized for, got her ABC revival of "Roseanne" canceled. When the former First Daugher politely replied that she indeed was not Wednesday to a Soros, Barr tweeted, among other things: "By the way, George Soros is a nazi who turned in his fellow Jews 2 be murdered in German concentration camps & stole their wealth-were you aware of that?"
That tweet still remains online as of Wednesday morning. But, we all make mistakes, right Chelsea?' Barr wrote in the tweet, which she has not yet deleted.
Barr recycled a popular right-wing conspiracy theory about Soros ― namely that the 87-year-old Jewish Holocaust survivor was actually a Nazi sympathizer who helped send his coreligionists to the gas chambers ― last month in a series of offensive tweets.
Earlier this week, the senior Soros gave an interview to The Washington Post and called Barr's claim "a total fabrication".
- Trump responds to Robert De Niro after Tony Awards comments go viral
- Senate to include measure blocking Trump's ZTE deal in defense bill
- China wants UN Security Council to lift sanctions on North Korea
- Climate change killing off Africa’s iconic baobab tree
- K.K.R. Said to Be Near Deal to Acquire Envision Healthcare
- Updated Mazda MX-5 set to feature 181bhp
- 'Lindsey Graham is a danger to the country,' Rand Paul says
- Self-asserting Alonso: 'I'm one of the best to have raced in F1'
- Attorney identifies children killed in Orlando hostage situation
- Another Gulf storm? Hurricane center says there's a low chance