At the end of its technical meeting ahead of the World Cup finals which gets underway this week in Russia, FIFA announced that changes will be made to the way that the world rankings of global teams are calculated, switching to a method that add or subtracts points from a country's total rather than averaging them over a multi-year period.
The Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) said this year's opening ceremony will have a "slightly different format", focusing on "musical acts and will take place much closer to kick-off". Both the opening match and the final will be played at Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow, along with several other matches through both stages of the tournament.
World Cup Organizers announced on June 11 that British singer Robbie Williams will perform at the World Cup opening ceremony on Thursday.
Federation Internationale de Football Association did not comment on whether the song would form part of Williams' performance, saying the set list would be kept as a "surprise".
Russian Federation will host the World Cup four years after it spent a record $50 billion to host the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
The Portuguese managerial mastermind revealed who he thinks is destined for knockout stage glory this summer in Russian Federation, as part of RT's exclusive #MatchMourinho predictions playoff.
"People talk a lot, I do not know what they are talking about that".
Fox Sports has the exclusive broadcasting rights to this year's World Cup, meaning you can catch the matches on Fox, Fox Sports 1, FoxSports.com and via the Fox Sports GO app.
Madeline Farber is a Reporter for Fox News.
- Awaiting sentencing, Fyre Festival promoter arrested again
- Christian Louboutin won European Union court battle over his trademark red soles
- Apple to officially bless USB-C with 2019 iPhone
- Trump vents anger on North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies, European Union and Canada's Trudeau
- Macedonia and Greece Announce Historic 'Name' Deal
- Snapchat Now Lets You Delete Messages That Have Already Been Viewed
- Children spotted housed in pet kennels
- MTV Developing Live-Action 'Aeon Flux' Series From 'Teen Wolf' Showrunner
- Doom Eternal announced, and it's bringing double the demons to Earth
- Google will block Chrome extension installs outside its Web Store