The chance he's long coveted has finally arrived. Casey, who had led the Raptors to three consecutive 50-win seasons, was named coach of the Detroit Pistons on Monday. Adrian Wojnarowski reported shortly after that the Raptors are hiring Nurse, so consider it done.
Nurse has agreed to become the next coach of the Toronto Raptors, a person with direct knowledge of the hire told The Associated Press on Tuesday (Wednesday, Manila time). Casey was sacked after the Raptors were swept out of the second round of this year's playoffs by Cleveland. He joined the Raptors organization in 2013 and has served as an assistant on the staff alongside Dwane Casey since then. At the very least, the Raptors would want it to be known that they at least interviewed their in-house candidate.
How will Nick Nurse help the Raptors in 2018-19?
Lewenberg noted that if the Raptors passed on Nurse as head coach, they risked losing him altogether as he finished atop a Yahoo poll from early April among executives that tabbed him as the top head coaching prospect among National Basketball Association assistants. We have to prepare the players and can't leave any stone unturned. Nevermind that Casey is a legitimate contender for Coach of the Year-General Manager Masai Ujiri felt the team needed a new leader. He also won a pair of titles in the G League with two different teams and was coach of the year there, too.
- After 'difficult' G7 summit, May warns against unilateral action on trade
- Mech Some Noise For Daemon X Machina, Headed To Switch In 2019
- Meghan Markle has been submitted for Emmy consideration for 'Suits'
- Trump Tweet Helps Sink Mark Sanford In South Carolina Primary
- Ivanka Trump's Proverb Leaves Chinese Internet Users Puzzled
- Porsche releases a digital charging service for EVs
- Sane Trilogy ‘Future Tense’ DLC Trailer
- Mom warns parents of tick dangers after daughter left paralyzed
- President Trump Is Still Very Angry With Canada's PM Justin Trudeau
- Dixons Carphone admits huge data breach