Eid Al Fitr marks the end of the holy month of Ramadan - when Muslims fast from sunrise to sunset - and the start of the Shawwal month. The date of the festivity is dependent on the combination of the sighting of the new moon as well as the astronomical calculations. The countries will observe the new moon on Thursday.
The celebration will see Muslims have their first daytime meal in over a month, and hold celebrations at their homes and in Mosques. The first day of the Eid month depends on any lunar Hijri month.
Eid-ul-Fitr, however, has a particular Salat (Islamic prayer) of two units generally offered in an open field or large hall which may be performed only in congregation (Jamm'at).
Like millions of Muslims around the world, Indian devotees celebrate the month of Ramadan, the solemn period of reassessment by abstaining from eating, drinking, and other activities from dawn to dusk.
What is Eid ul Adha?
During this time Muslims will feast on an animal divided into three parts.
In 2018, Ramadan will last from Wednesday 16 May until Thursday 14 June.
The festival falls from the 21st of August to the 25th, and celebrates the end of the annual pilgrimage to Mecca. Preparations have begun in full swing and we can already see markets hustling with Eid special desserts and delicacies, especially in the dingy lanes of Old Delhi; we love the hustle bustle and everything in between.
- Intel announces its first discrete GPU will arrive in 2020
- Love Island's Niall Aslam QUITS the show
- SpaceX: Planning a futuristic campus in Florida to support innumerable rocket launches
- Why me and my SNP MPs walked out of parliament today
- Clippers want to trade up in draft, may be eyeing Luka Doncic
- Tether Directly Used to Manipulate Bitcoin Price, Finds Study
- NCAA passes reform which allows athletes to transfer without permission
- Newspaper: Former Panamanian president extradited home from US
- Analysts Expect Envision Healthcare (EVHC) Will Post Quarterly Sales of $2.10 Billion
- Your internet use could change as net neutrality ends