Blume also confirmed that Porsche plans for the Taycan to have Level 4 autonomous driving technology (self-driving in almost all situations, with driver attention not required), but denied that it would allow fully autonomous driving over longer distances.
According to Porsche, Taycan is a word taken from an eastern dialect and is pronounced "tie-can".
You might think that this level of performance requires the vehicle's electric range to be compromised but Porsche is saying otherwise.
The Porsche 911 Speedster badge was first used in in 1988, while it was last used on the 997 911 Speedster, of which only 356 units were built. The body of the concept comes from the Carrera 4 Cabriolet; although the windscreen is significantly shorter and steeply raked and the standard wings and hood has been ditched for carbon-fibre replacements. The driver and passenger sit on brown-leather-upholstered full bucket seats with weight-saving carbon fiber shells. This handsome machine finds the Speedster revamped into a 911-based concept for Porsche's 70th anniversary.
As previously reported by our sister publication, Autocar UK, the open-top concept shares its chassis with the 911 GT3 and employs a six-cylinder engine delivering "more than 500hp" and revving to 9,000rpm.
The fuel cap is positioned in the front trunk lid, while the wing mirrors are styled in a retro Talbot design, and the headlights are even given an "X" motif to represent the taped-up lights of early motorsport. The 21-inch wheels have contrasting clover-leaf details and it's the first time the wheels have been paired with centre locks.
The concept uses a six-speed manual transmission and if the production version follows the example of the GT3, it will be offered with either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed PDK transmission.
If it gets the green light, it likely won't appear until next year.
- Kim Jong, Trump Commit To Restart Repatriating Remains From North Korea
- Jaguar E-Pace updated with new engine, suspension and AI tech
- Trump vents anger on North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies, European Union and Canada's Trudeau
- Dennis Rodman Weeps As He Recounts His Unwavering Faith In North Korea
- Sane Trilogy ‘Future Tense’ DLC Trailer
- The Elder Scrolls Legends Coming To Switch
- Saudi Arabia, UAE, launch attack on Yemen's port city of Hudaida
- MTV Developing Live-Action 'Aeon Flux' Series From 'Teen Wolf' Showrunner
- Toyota to invest US$1b in Grab's latest funding round
- UK Brexit minister says parliament vote cannot reverse Brexit