The Brazil worldwide has been heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford in recent weeks.
United are believed to be paying over £50m to secure the signature of the player, who was linked with City in the January transfer window.
Former United striker Andrew Cole thinks Marcus Rashford can play his way into Jose Mourinho's starting line-up at the Theatre of Dreams next season by shining for England at this summer's World Cup.
The article also claims that the Belgian defender has been stalling over a new contract at White Hart Lane because he feels that he deserves to be paid higher wages by the north London club.
City broke the 100 point barrier this year, setting a Premier League record in the process.
The Portuguese is aware that a medical for the player and every single detail isn't necessary feasible, but a deal in principal would be enough for the United boss.
The Red Devils have been busy in recent weeks, with United signing Porto right-back Diogo Dalot and Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fred.
Left-back has been a position of problem for Jose Mourinho at Manchester United, with Luke Shaw unable to hold down a spot, forcing Ashley Young back into contention.
Fred is part of the Brazil squad for the World Cup and is expected to have a decent tournament as he looks to establish himself on the global stage.
- K.K.R. Said to Be Near Deal to Acquire Envision Healthcare
- Alec Baldwin: I Could 'Absolutely' Beat Trump in 2020
- Trump takes more swipes at Canada after arrival in Singapore
- SEATTLE SURRENDERS? The City Seeks to Repeal ‘HOMELESS TAX’ After Business Revolt
- John Cena To Star In Movie With Jackie Chan
- Gamecocks Drop Game One Of Super Regional
- The first look at the new season of House of Cards
- Senate to include measure blocking Trump's ZTE deal in defense bill
- Clint Bowyer wins rain-shortened NASCAR Cup Series race at Michigan
- China wants UN Security Council to lift sanctions on North Korea