Today, the latest on Jasper Cillessen....
La Blaugrana goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen reportedly wants a move away from the Camp Nou in the summer transfer window..
Cillessen has three years left to run on his current contract with FC Barcelona but the Dutch shot stopper has played second fiddle to Germany global Marc-andre ter Stegen.
The Barcelona man moved to Spain from Ajax in 2016 but has made just 21 appearances for his new club, nearly all of those in the Copa Del Rey.
According to Spanish journalist Gerard Romero, Cillessen has had enough of being in ter Stegen's shadow, and wants to leave Barca. Simon Mignolet has proven his unreliability over the years, while Loris Karius, who was thought to be the solution to their woes, cost them the Champions League final with two catastrophic errors.
Don Balon claims that Cillessen is attracting attention from Liverpool, and that the Merseyside club are prepared to meet his £52.7 million release clause in order to bring him to Anfield this summer.
Liverpool have been strongly linked with the likes of Alisson Becker and Jan Oblak in recent weeks but Roma and Atletico Madrid are demanding huge money for their keepers so Klopp may be tempted to go for Cillessen as a cheaper alternative. As previously mentioned, Liverpool are keen, while Napoli and Bayern Munich could also make a move.
- Google Translate gets smarter offline with on-device AI processing
- Wetherspoon replaces French champagne with English wine in run-up to Brexit
- How to get your free Doritos Locos Taco
- Kate Middleton Supports Prince William's Charity Polo Match
- Brexit 'meaningful vote' rejected as PM strikes deal with Tory rebels
- Wonder Woman 1984 First Look: Steve Trevor Is Alive?!
- IHOP is now IHOB
- Dumbo Soars in Teaser Trailer For Tim Burton's Live-Action Remake
- Nike Won't Supply Iran With Cleats for FIFA World Cup
- Nebraska woman and her boyfriend charged with Sydney Loofe's murder