But he finally appears to have secured his next challenge, with Atletico giving every indication they want to close the gap on LaLiga champions Barcelona next season by signing a highly rated attacker.
France kick off their World Cup campaign against Australia on Saturday and Griezmann had previously insisted that he would reveal his future before that match.
Meanwhile, Griezmann's future at Atletico is uncertain, although the forward is set to announce whether he is staying at the La Liga club in the coming days , amid Barcelona's interest.
"It's not ideal but I won't be able to have ideal conditions anyway".
Unai Emery is eager to boost his squad for next season. Pic David Price Arsenal FC via Getty Images
Frank Leboeuf has his say about the future of Antoine Griezmann, saying he might be better suited for a move away from Spain.
But last week Lionel Messi said he was sure he would link up well with Griezmann were he to move to the Camp Nou.
Griezmann is contracted at Atletico - the club he joined in 2014 - until 2022, but Barcelona are reportedly prepared to trigger his €100million release clause.
The 18-year-old was a rumoured target of Tottenham, but the Catalan giants have ensured they'll hold on to one of their bright prospects for the coming years. The deal, should he sign, will make him the club's highest paid player; and the entire club has been endorsing the deal since it was offered - from the president right down to the kit man. I don't know if he's the priority. That depends on the signing committee and the coach. "And he is very good!"
- Angelina Jolie Could Lose Primary Custody Of Her Kids With Brad Pitt
- Brexit: House of Lords EU Withdrawal Bill amendment voted down by MPs
- Another Gulf storm? Hurricane center says there's a low chance
- Roseanne Barr to George Soros: Sorry for Calling Him a Nazi
- Jogger throws homeless man's clothes into Lake Merritt
- Olympian Bode Miller's daughter passes away
- Mercedes cars found to be fitted with defeat devices by authorities
- Raccoon scales skyscraper in Minnesota
- Senate to include measure blocking Trump's ZTE deal in defense bill
- John Cena To Star In Movie With Jackie Chan