The actor, who plays Finn, tweeted: "If you don't like Star Wars or the characters, understand that there are decisions makers [sic] and harassing the actors/actresses will do nothing". Den of Geek reports that a particularly attentive Twitter user found a pretty significant clue into what Lucas' version of the films would have looked like. At one point, that was even the working title for Star Wars (you can find out more about that over here).
Whether or not these messages from John Boyega, and from Rian Johnson and Mark Hamill before him, will actually help dissuade trolls from attacking Kelly Marie Tarn, or anyone else in the Star Wars franchise.
In a series of tweets, the 26-year-old actor asked Star Wars fans that he doesn't care if they bought a ticket to see the movie or not, stop harassing his castmates.
This time it started when John Boyega took a serious moment to address the issue of actors being harassed by fans. "You understand that there is a process so much appreciated!"
Boyega isn't the only one who has spoken out in defense of Tran. Mark Hamill tweeted "What's not to love?" earlier this month along with a picture of himself and Tran.
Now, to rile up those nasty, close-minded idiots, Stephen Colbert has "partnered with Lucasfilm" to remix a unique, brand-new Star Wars trailer for Episode IX, created to rile these trolls who think the franchise exists only for them.
"On social media a few unhealthy people can cast a big shadow on the wall, but over the past 4 years I've met lots of real fellow SW fans", Johnson said. "We're the VAST majority, we're having fun & doing just fine".
Tran isn't the first of the Star Wars: The Last Jedi cast forced off social media.
A rattled Tran - who boasts 242,000 Instagram followers - deleted all her photos from the app, wiping her page clean and leaving only a heartbreaking bio, which reads, "Afraid, but still doing it anyway".
- Trump declares North Korea nuclear threat over, says Americans can 'sleep well'
- Pete Davidson Had Tattoo of Ex Cazzie David Covered Up
- Purchases 1,604,680 Shares of Envision Healthcare (EVHC)
- Newspaper: Former Panamanian president extradited home from US
- Nick Jonas brings Priyanka Chopra to cousin's wedding
- Farrah Abrahm Arrested For Striking Security Guard
- Canada Responds After White House Says Trudeau 'Stabbed Us In The Back'
- Signs of life on Mars ?
- Kudlow's Full Recovery Seen After Heart Attack, White House Says
- Trump says Kim 'trusts me, and I trust him'