With less than a week to go until the tournament, the Brazilian superstar still hadn't started a game since fracturing a bone in his foot in February.
Neymar had the "great honour" to go level with Brazil great Romario on 55 worldwide goals in Sunday's 3-0 win over Austria, saying it allowed him to pay tribute to the former striker. "Dreaming is not forbidden".
Tite's side go into the tournament off the back of warm-up wins over Croatia and Austria.
"Austria had quality and we knew it would not be easy".
World champions Germany, seeking to equal Brazil's record of five World Cup wins, will land in Russian Federation on Tuesday, along with Gareth Southgate's youthful England side.
Gabriel Jesus should have been penalised for offside when he converted expertly nine minutes before half-time at Vienna's Ernst-Happel-Stadion, but the Manchester City striker's 10th goal in 17 worldwide appearances stood. With how the draw worked out, Germany and Brazil could potentially meet for a rematch, either in the first match of the knockout round, or the final.
Jesus opened the scoring nine minutes before the break when he curled in from an angle after Marcelo's shot deflected into his path. It also holds the record of the best overall performance in World Cup, with a record of 70 victories in 104 matches played.
"Come the France game, we're going to be ready. and giving ourselves opportunities to win this game", the Brighton stopper warned."We can't wait for Saturday".
It was a goal you would want to watch on repeat mode and still not get enough of it.
Austria, unbeaten in their last eight games and winners over Germany one week ago, proved uncomfortable opponents and had nothing to lose in front of a capacity 48,500 crowd, having failed to qualify for the World Cup.
Brazil took their frustrations out constructively and Neymar forced Dragovic to ground against his will, sitting centre-back down and coolly slotting home.
He joked about Austria's rough approach.
- Gamecocks Drop Game One Of Super Regional
- John Cena To Star In Movie With Jackie Chan
- Meaningful vote rejected: how key MPs voted on the Brexit amendment
- Seattle tax opposed by Amazon will be likely be rescinded
- Iraq Ballot Warehouse Fire 'Deliberate': Minister
- Self-asserting Alonso: 'I'm one of the best to have raced in F1'
- SEATTLE SURRENDERS? The City Seeks to Repeal ‘HOMELESS TAX’ After Business Revolt
- Wolves sign Raul Jimenez on loan from Benfica
- Trump takes more swipes at Canada after arrival in Singapore
- China wants UN Security Council to lift sanctions on North Korea