Ainsley Maitland-Niles was one of the first names on the lips of new Arsenal head coach Unai Emery - and now the Gunners midfielder is likely to be working under the Spaniard for some time after signing a new long-term deal at the Emirates Stadium.
Maitland-Niles will now continue his development under new manager Unai Emery, who replaced Wenger following the Frenchman's resignation.
Maitland-Niles, who joined the club at the age of nine, has also earned a new squad number at Arsenal, the No.15.
This prompted the Hale End youngster to also reveal his delight in hearing he will be part of the new manager's plans for next season.
Arsenal closed their statement writing: "Congratulations on your new contract Ainsley".
'It feels fantastic knowing that I'm going to be a part of the squad, and a big part of the squad.
'We had a little meeting. It will be second nature to me'.
The 20-year-old made 28 appearances for the Gunners this season.
Although the length of the contract extension has not yet been revealed, Arsenal had confirmed the England youth worldwide had been assigned a new shirt number, changing from the number 30 shirt to number 15. "I've got a lot of pace to give to the team, pressing up high and winning the ball back as soon as possible is a major factor in football".
Maitland-Niles played in a number of different positions for Arsenal last season, putting in stints at full-back, wing-back and in his more natural midfield role.
- The first look at the new season of House of Cards
- Jogger throws homeless man's clothes into Lake Merritt
- Manchester United scouts 'unconvinced by Toby Alderweireld'
- K.K.R. Said to Be Near Deal to Acquire Envision Healthcare
- 'Lindsey Graham is a danger to the country,' Rand Paul says
- Robert De Niro Says 'Fk Trump' at Tony Awards, Earning Massive Ovation
- China wants UN Security Council to lift sanctions on North Korea
- Apple Seeds iOS 11.4.1 Developer Beta 2
- Climate change killing off Africa’s iconic baobab tree
- ‘Aeon Flux’ Live-Action Reboot In Development At MTV