Aeon, an assassin from the state of Monica, is tasked with infiltrating the rival state of Bregna, which is run by her enemy and sometimes lover Trevor Goodchild. Teen Wolf showrunner Jeff Davis is on board to pen the script and will executive produce alongside The Walking Dead's Gale Anne Hurd. Chung's distorted figures performing acrobatic stunts in skimpy leather outfits, weird futuristic architecture, zero dialogue, and ending every short by killing the protagonist in some brutal way, was unlike anything that was on the air before or largely since, and, after Charlize Theron and director Karyn Kusama tried to make it a film franchise in 2005, the cartoon is coming back to live action.
Aeon Flux is only one of the many MTV properties that the cable network plans to mine from its archives.
The original series, created by animator Peter Chung, first aired on MTV in 1991 as a six-part sequence of shorts that was featured in its Liquid Television experimental animation series, followed in 1992 by five individual short episodes. In 1995, a season of ten half-hour episodes aired as a stand-alone series.
In the film, Aeon lived in the last city on Earth and was a part of a rebel force keen on taking down the police state that hid behind a picture-perfect facade. Produced by MTV Films and directed by Karyn Kusama, the film had an impressive cast that included Theron and Frances McDormand, but couldn't eke out either a critical or commercial victory. The film grossed $52.3 million globally, falling short of its $62 million production budget. Now, the series is moving back to the small screen, but will be keeping its live-action elements. Is this a good move by MTV, or are they setting themselves up for failure?
- Clint Bowyer wins rain-shortened NASCAR Cup Series race at Michigan
- Donegal women help break world record for biggest ever skinny dip
- Mistake-free Verstappen tops practice
- Canada rallies to Trudeau after Trump's insult
- Metro Exodus Shines in New Gameplay Trailer
- Mbappe injured after a collision with Rami in training
- Belmont Stakes 2018 victor , payouts: Win, place, show, trifecta and superfecta results
- SEATTLE SURRENDERS? The City Seeks to Repeal ‘HOMELESS TAX’ After Business Revolt
- Yahoo fined £250,000 over cyber-attack
- West Indies 3 wickets from victory at lunch on day 5