Canadians will have to go elsewhere for the caffeine fix on Monday afternoon.
Starbucks outlets across Canada will close Monday afternoon so employees can be trained in bias and racial prejudice.
Back on May 29, The Seattle-based company ordered more than 8,000 U.S. Starbucks stores closed on the afternoon of May 29 so that almost 175,000 employees can receive training on unconscious bias.
The company is conducting implicit bias training, on the heels of a similar move at stores in the U.S. About 10 years ago, they closed for a training session on perfecting the espresso.
The move comes after Starbucks faced worldwide backlash stemming from an incident in April at a Philadelphia store, where two black men were arrested for trespassing while waiting for a friend at a table without ordering.
"The reprehensible event in Philadelphia prompted us to reflect and led to this day", Conway wrote.
- Elon Musk promises self-driving Teslas in upcoming software update
- Schematics for the next iPhone Plus model leak
- 'Mr. Kim!' DPRK Leader Loudly Celebrated on Night Out in Singapore
- Supreme Court rules that states can clean up their voting rolls
- Elon Musk's Boring Company flamethrowers sell like hot cakes
- Kanye West & Kid Cudi ‘Kids See Ghosts’ First Week Sales Projections
- United Flight to Chicago Diverted After Security Concern
- Final Fantasy XIV x Monster Hunter
- Kim Jong Un Takes Selfie During Night Out in Singapore
- GEOFF JOHNS Describes His New SHAZAM Title