Sgt. Anthony Mannino was on patrol when he saw the child running on the side of Route 59, so he used his patrol auto to block traffic.
The Naperville Police Department posted dashcam video of last month's rescue by Sgt. Anthony Mannino on its Facebook page Monday. Sergeant Mannino received a lifesaver award from his department. Then as he drew closer, Mannino realized it was actually a toddler wandering dangerously close to traffic. At one point, a large truck can be seen passing within a few feet of the approximately 1-year-old child at a high rate of speed.
No one was hurt, which the police department attributes to Mannino's "observation while on patrol and quick reaction, placing his squad auto and himself between the child and traffic". No charges were filed against the mother, and police ruled the incident was an accident.
- White House Trade Official Backs Away From His Insult to Trudeau
- E3 2018: Ghost of Tsushima is a samurai slasher for Sony's PS4
- Proud of changes I'm seeing in this industry: George Clooney
- Nipah spread checked; Kerala lifts high alert
- Paris street on lockdown amid reports of armed man holding people hostage
- Real Madrid announce Spain coach Lopetegui as Zidane replacement
- Senators Move To Reverse Trump's Deal Lifting Sanctions On China's ZTE
- Leo Santa Cruz beats Abner Mares to retain WBA featherweight title
- Nine-Year-Old Girl In Rehab After Becoming Addicted To Fortnite
- Leaders tweet own angles on 'spontaneous' G7 moment