In this new trailer for Luke Cage season two, Mariah and her quest to improve Harlem - even if that means destroying it - take center stage.
Mariah Dillard (Alfre Woodard) would like to be Harlem's heroine - or rather, its queen - but she's not the only one. Speaking of which, Luke Cage really isn't very prominent in this here trailer, so it'll be interesting to see how the story is structured this time around.
The second season is executive produced by series showrunner Cheo Hodari Coker (Ray Donovan), Jim Chory (Marvel's Jessica Jones), and Jeph Loeb (Marvel's Jessica Jones), who also serves as Marvel's Head of Television. It now feels like everyone involved is perfectly fine moving forward as mostly standalone individual series, with a little bit of crossover every now and then.
This is the second Luke Cage teaser to highlight women, following a bar fight clip of Colleen (Jessica Henwick) and Misty (Simone Missick) teasing Marvel's Daughters of the Dragon. After all, he's Harlem's hero, and Harlem's hero works against criminals, not with them.
Check out the new Luke Cage Season 2 trailer below.
In addition to Woodard and Shakir, "Luke Cage" stars Mike Colter as the titular hero, as well as Rosario Dawson and Theo Rossi.
- Nine-Year-Old Girl In Rehab After Becoming Addicted To Fortnite
- Athens, Skopje Reach Agreement on Constitutional Name of Macedonia
- Do you know what’s growing on your kitchen towel?
- North Korea summit galvanizes Korean Peninsula settlement - Russia’s foreign ministry
- Paris street on lockdown amid reports of armed man holding people hostage
- Arron Banks tells MPs: I have no business interests in Russian Federation
- Real Madrid Name Spain Coach Lopetegui As Zidane Successor
- Tick Bites 5-Year-Old Girl’s Head; She Woke Up Paralyzed
- Leo Santa Cruz beats Abner Mares to retain WBA featherweight title
- Gautam Gambhir Lambasts Bishan Singh Bedi and Chetan Chauhan After Saini's Selection