At a rare solo news conference before heading to Asia, Trump said he pressed for the G-7 countries to eliminate all tariffs, trade barriers and subsidies in their trading practices.
"Way over the top with Navarro".
"He's happy", said Trump, to laughter.
Important: Newsmax TV is available on DirecTV Ch. 349, U-Verse 1220, DISH 216, and FiOS 615.
"It would be with regret but it would be with absolute clarity and firmness that we move forward with retaliatory measures on July 1, applying equivalent tariffs to the ones that the Americans have unjustly applied to us", said Trudeau.
US President Donald Trump on Monday continued his vitriolic attacks on several close allies in the wake of his early departure from an unusually discordant G7 meeting in Canada, which saw him withdraw US support for a joint communique.
Trump skipped the end of the G7 summit on Saturday and was in the air en route to his historic nuclear summit with North Korea's Kim Jong Un when Trudeau dubbed the national security justification "insulting".
What did Trudeau and Trump say?
Not long after, Trump went on a "Twitter" attack accusing Trudeau of making "false statements", basically calling him a liar and also saying that he was "very dishonest and weak".
In a series of tweets from Singapore Monday, Trump kept up the tirade while contending that "Fair Trade is now to be called Fool Trade if it is not Reciprocal".
President Donald Trump's fight with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau not only threatens to unravel the US's relationship with one of its oldest global partners - it could also significantly damage the USA economy.
"All Mr. Trudeau was doing, in a rather gentle way, was articulating the position of his government, which would be the position of any Canadian government in these circumstances", he said, adding that the counter-tariffs make sense. "I don't understand the obsession with trade relations with Canada", he sighed.
"Not fair to the PEOPLE of America! And I left the meeting, and I'll be honest, we're being taken advantage of by virtually every one of those countries very seriously". "Canadians - we're polite, we're reasonable - but we also will not be pushed around".
The summit was seen as an opportunity to overcome disagreements on new tariffs imposed by the USA on imports.
- Real Madrid Name Spain Coach Lopetegui As Zidane Successor
- Athens, Skopje Reach Agreement on Constitutional Name of Macedonia
- Arachnophobia is getting a remake
- Russian Federation calls for implementation of JCPOA on Iran: Putin
- Rangers set to confirm deal for Brighton defender Connor Goldson
- Trump ‘can’t jump ahead’ in North Korea negotiations: Leon Panetta
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Soars to $2 Billion at Worldwide Box Office
- Do you know what’s growing on your kitchen towel?
- Warriors' Durant hints at retirement -- when he's 35
- Tick Bites 5-Year-Old Girl’s Head; She Woke Up Paralyzed