She later pleaded not guilty to the charge. The news stems from a January 2017 incident in which she left her wallet on her seat after a United Airlines flight into Washington, DC's Dulles Airport.
"Are they trying to silence me?"
Later that year an arrest warrant for McGowan surfaced, shortly after she publicly accused Weinstein of raping her. "What a load of HORSES**T".
McGowan has maintained the cocaine is not hers, suggesting in court papers that the drugs were planted at the behest of movie producer Harvey Weinstein.
He has denied all accusations.
In a court filing last week, attorneys for McGowan argued that the five hours between the plane landing and the wallet being found make it impossible to prove the cocaine was hers.
McGowan's spokesperson confirmed to CNN the accuracy of her published quotes at the time. She previously stated that she believes the wallet was taken from her backpack while she was travelling. Her trial will be set later on Tuesday.
"Imagining I'm going into sisterly solidarity, I can think of nothing more opposed to that, energetically, that I would want in my body at that moment", she said referring to the cocaine. If convicted, the 44-year-old could face up to 10 years in jail.
Weinstein was indicted and charged with rape in the first and third degree and a first-degree criminal sexual act last month. The charges are unrelated to McGowan's allegations against him.
- XSEED Games Announces E3 2018 Lineup; Freedom Planet Officially Announced for Switch
- Coinbase to add support for Ethereum Classic
- Officer rescues toddler running on side of IL highway
- E3 2018: The Last of Us Part II Gets Gameplay Reveal
- Tick Bites 5-Year-Old Girl’s Head; She Woke Up Paralyzed
- U.S. Advocacy Group Calls For Tesla To Fix Autopilot Flaws
- Explosion at Hawaii volcano spews ash as lava flows into sea
- Rangers set to confirm deal for Brighton defender Connor Goldson
- Warriors' Durant hints at retirement -- when he's 35
- Athens, Skopje Reach Agreement on Constitutional Name of Macedonia