The White House says President Donald Trump will deliver a statement before departing a meeting of industrialized nations in Canada.
Trump is scheduled to address the USA news media at 10 a.m. EDT on Saturday. The White House did not say what the president would talk about.
President Donald Trump showed up late to a breakfast event on gender equality at the G-7 with his fellow leaders, causing something of a scene.
La Malbaie: US President Donald Trump created suspense on Saturday by arriving late for the first meeting of the second and final day of the G7 summit.
President Donald Trump arrived late for a gender equality meeting at an worldwide summit, prompting Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to kick it off without waiting for "stragglers" to arrive.
Trudeau expressed the importance of gender equality and inclusion.
The Latest: Trump attends G-7 gender equality breakfast
President TrumpDonald John TrumpTrump tweets condolences after USA soldier killed in Somalia Trump floats scrapping all tariffs, barriers at G-7 summit: report Dem rips Trump's call to include Russian Federation in G7: What does Putin have on him?
On Friday, Trump had a bilateral meeting with Trudeau to discuss their ongoing trade and tariff disputes as well as a bilateral meeting with French President Emmanuel Macron.
The G-7's annual summit, usually a friendly gathering between seven industrialized democracies, was rife with tensions this year, as Trump feuded with key US allies over his decision to impose steep tariffs on steel and aluminum imported from the European Union, Canada and Mexico.
Trump arrived at 8:17 a.m., after Trudeau finished speaking, taking his seat at the table next to the Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund Christine Lagarde and German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Then he tried to ease tension with friendly banter and vague claims of progress in trade talks.
At issue are new US tariffs on steel and aluminum imports.
- White House Pays People To Tape Documents Trump Rips Apart
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to visit Australia, Fiji
- Pistons hire Dwane Casey
- Robert De Niro Censored for Saying "F--k Trump" at the Tonys
- How did Anthony Bourdain die? Heart-breaking details reveal cause of death
- Trump advisers slam Trudeau's 'betrayal' days before Kim summit
- Alex Marshall, Steve Elworthy added to Queen's Birthday Honours list
- Jaguar Land Rover moves Discovery production to Slovakia
- Facebook confirms user data shared with "whitelisted" companies
- Missing US air force officer found in California after 35 years