He passed away at around 6pm on Sunday evening (June 10) at his mother's home in Sikeston, Missouri.
TMZ is reporting that the cause of death is heart failure, and Neal had a known heart condition at the time of his death.
Amick says Boyd had a number of medical problems, including heart failure, kidney failure and liver problems.
Following his America's Got Talent victory in the NBC show's third season, Boyd recorded one album, My American Dream.
Boyd had been slowly recovering after a crash a year ago that left him and his mother badly hurt.
Neal became a favorite on AGT because of his lovely operatic voice. "[Recovery is] a very slow progress".
"Any time you're in a moment of struggle, God has a way of coming in and uplifting you", he said. "When God's given you the time to rebuild your spirit and rebuild your body", the singer said. Just be grateful that you survived.
Boyd, who ran as Republican for the Missouri House of Representatives in 2011, also had political plans.
- Kylie Jenner removes all photos of daughter Stormi's face from Instagram
- Robert De Niro Yells ‘F*** Trump’ at Tony Awards, Gets Standing Ovation
- Trump leaves G7 meet in shambles, calls Trudeau 'dishonest liar'
- Supermodel ends Formula 1 race two laps early with premature checkered flag
- Robert De Niro Censored for Saying "F--k Trump" at the Tonys
- Carbery gets the nod at 10 to face Australia
- Police officers hurt at 'free Tommy Robinson' protest
- Vieira's move to Nice confirmed by Manchester City
- Jaguar Land Rover moves Discovery production to Slovakia
- Net neutrality repeal takes effect Monday