The injury is now being described as a "hockey-esque" lower-body injury, with some suggesting that Guerrero could be dealing with a hamstring issue. While he appeared to be okay, the injury returned on Tuesday when he limped to first after a hit.
But speaking on the matter, Toronto's director of player development, Gil Kim, noted that the organization is being cautious.
Guerrero, a 19-year-old third baseman, was ranked as the No. 2 overall prospect in Major League Baseball by ESPN's Keith Law.
Vladimir Guerrero Jr Lands On DL With Leg Injury
"He feels fine, we're just being cautious with it", Fisher Cats manager John Schneider told MLB.com after Wednesday's game. "It's not expected to be anything serious". He hit a combined.323 with a.425 on-base percentage, a.485 slugging percentage, 13 homers and 76 RBIs in 119 games.
The injury at least temporarily slows Guerrero's nearly sure promotion to Triple-A Buffalo or even, as some have lobbied, the majors.
- Glorious Leader Calls Justin Trudeau A Liar
- Vettel takes F1 title lead with Canada win
- Rashid Khan show is still on , Afghanistan defeat Bangladesh in T20I series
- Intel’s Core i7-8086K Overclocks Like A Beast At 7.24GHz
- Fallout 76 is 4 times the size of Fallout 4
- Messi: Barca need Griezmann for Champions League
- Watch Microsoft's E3 2018 Press Conference Here
- Jimenez in the hunt for 22nd European Tour victory
- Mt. Juliet man found dead at Bonnaroo
- First screenshots and artworks for Just Cause 4 have been leaked online