"The Intel Core i7-8086K processor is also the first Intel processor to deliver up to 5.0 GHz single-core turbo frequency out of the box, fully unlocked for overclocking", says Intel on its website (via PC Gamer).
This 28 Core Core-X HEDT Processor is based on the Xeon Platinum die and will be available for the already existing X299 platform.
At Computex this year, Intel celebrated its 50th anniversary as a company, and the 40th anniversary of the x86 architecture.
When Der8auer overclocked Intel's last CPU, the Core i7-8700K, on which the Core i7-8086K is based, he managed to get its clock speed to 7.3GHz.
Furthermore, the i7-8086K Limited Edition will be compatible with 300-series chipset meaning if you have a Coffee-Lake system then all you need is the processor to replace your current 8th gen Coffee-Lake CPU.
Part of getting a record overclock is about finding a top-performing chip, as they all have slight variances (whether you get a good one with higher tolerances for overclocking is referred to as the "silicon lottery"), and Der8auer had a much bigger selection of 8700K CPUs to work with when he clocked up 7.3GHz. We don't know what platform/chipset this will use (though it's likely to be a close relative to the comparable server platform).
- Messi: Barca need Griezmann for Champions League
- Rashid Khan show is still on , Afghanistan defeat Bangladesh in T20I series
- BlackBerry KEY2 ARRIVES: Specs, Design & Features Detailed
- Russian President Vladimir Putin rejects G7 criticism, stresses cooperation
- Petrol prices cut for 10th day in a row, diesel slashed too
- How Long The Microsoft Xbox Press Conference Will Be At E3 2018
- Oil spill was 4800 litres
- Trump says National Basketball Association champs won't get invite
- Vettel takes F1 title lead with Canada win
- Seven Shot During Raucous Party at North Hollywood Home