Halo is Microsoft's most recognizable exclusive franchise.
The game, which was rumored in advance of the press conference, features the return of Master Chief and is rendered in a brand new graphics engine that 343 Industries is referring to as "Slipcase". "So much so that we knew we had to build new tech to fully realize our goals for Halo Infinite". The game will be released exclusively on Xbox One and Windows 10. Whether this is the sixth main series Halo game or an offshoot is yet to be known. The lack of a number in the title and the name-drop of a new engine - dubbed "Slipspace" - also suggest this is no ordinary follow-up.
Halo comes to Xbox One and PC.
The game is powered by an engine called Slipspace. Microsoft head Phil Spencer is calling this Master Chief's greatest mission yet as he tries to save humanity. The trailer offered very little in the way of actual information about the game, showcasing a band of soldiers wandering through a field, followed by a quick reveal of Master Chief's helmet.
- Rashid Khan show is still on , Afghanistan defeat Bangladesh in T20I series
- Rafael Nadal wins record-extending 11th French Open
- Mt. Juliet man found dead at Bonnaroo
- Mercedes delay new engine until after Canada
- First screenshots and artworks for Just Cause 4 have been leaked online
- Petrol prices cut for 10th day in a row, diesel slashed too
- Fossil Group's British business challenged by department store closures
- Woakes out of Scotland one-dayer, England call up Curran
- Taylor Swift is the other woman in Mad Men-esque video
- Russian President Vladimir Putin rejects G7 criticism, stresses cooperation