HBO said it had given a pilot order to a prequel that will take place thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones, the biggest worldwide hit for the Time Warner channel. In the midst of this cold climate, the White Walkers soon descended upon Westoros from the north and engaged in a long war in an attempt to cover the world in an interminable winter. But the premium cable network was about as generous with the details as Cersei is about sharing her wine. The only real tidbit was that the show promised to explore the true origin of the creepy White Walkers.
Naturally, most of the details are still under wraps, but we do know that Goldman and Thrones novelist George RR Martin came up with the basic story, which Goldman turned into a script.
On his personal site, Martin discussed HBO giving the green light to Jane Goldman's series, noting that no characters from Game of Thrones will appear, as it's set tens of thousands of hears before the main series. Thrones' eighth and final season is set for next year.
Well, we've got good news for those of you who are, HBO has ordered the pilot for a prequel series! We're very early in the process, of course, with the pilot order just in, so we don't have a director yet, or a cast, or a location, or even a title.
Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones.
As for the other successor shows, Martin reveals that one of them "has been shelved", but that the other three remain alive.
HBO has officially greenlit a pilot for a prequel to its hit show, "Game of Thrones". If I wasn't busy with WINDS, don't you think I'd be scripting one or more of these pilots myself?
- E3 2018: Babylon's Fall Announced, Developed by PlatinumGames
- Robert De Niro drops F-bomb against Trump at the Tony Awards
- Owners of Detroit's old train station announce its future Monday
- Josh Murphy to have medical at Cardiff ahead of move from Norwich
- Takfiri terrorists attack besieged Shia towns in Syria's Idlib: Monitor
- Apple Updates App Store Guidelines, Tightens Rules for Crypto-Related Apps
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Louder than Words
- At least 12 dead, 31 wounded in Kabul govt building attack
- Congress skeptical of Trump's G7 strategy
- Hurricane Bud: Path, models, latest forecast of Category 3 hurricane today