During its E3 press conference, Square Enix revealed that Monster Hunter World content is on the way to the MMO, Final Fantasy XIV. Which is neat, and also makes me wonder if Rathian, Rathalos' female counterpart, or indeed any other Monster Hunter: World monsters, will make an appearance. With that said, the game crossover will happen sometime this Summer, an official release date is not yet known.
According to the crossover's official webpage, players of Final Fantasy XIV will get to take on "an iconic monster from the Monster Hunter series". It looks to be a completely free update, although you will need to own the Stormblood expansion pack, have completed it, and reach level 70 in order access it. Now the folks at Square Enix and Capcom have decided these franchises have some overlap, and will bring them together for a special event.
Final Fantasy XIV is Getting a Monster Hunter World Crossover This Summer
Final Fantasy XIV is available on PlayStation 4 and PC. We also saw one of Monster Hunter's Palicoes, those cute little cat helpers who follow you around on hunts, so maybe FF14 is getting a Palico minion?
- Arsenal handed free run at Sampdoria midfielder Torreira
- Josh Murphy to have medical at Cardiff ahead of move from Norwich
- Liverpool target Alisson Becker wants future resolved before World Cup starts
- At least 12 dead, 31 wounded in Kabul govt building attack
- Supermodel ends Formula 1 race two laps early with premature checkered flag
- Rage 2 introduced with Andrew WK performance, crowd looks really mad
- Neal Boyd, one-time 'America's Got Talent' winner, dead at 42
- Facebook confirms user data shared with "whitelisted" companies
- Pistons hire Dwane Casey
- E3 2018: Babylon's Fall Announced, Developed by PlatinumGames