England scored five tries but were beaten 42-39 by South Africa in a thrilling Test match at Ellis Park. All the stuff we had worked on, it started coming through'. I'm glad we attacked a lot better than we did against Wales.
"When they named three flyhalves in their backline, I honestly thought they would kick a lot".
"There were a lot of young guys on that park against a lot of experienced England players".
England led 24-3 against the Springboks before the hosts scored four tries to lead 29-27 at the interval.
Unsurprisingly, after the game England fans were not at all happy with head coach Eddie Jones, and they vented their frustrations on Twitter. "All the science shows you have to be here for at least 10 days to get acclimatisation value". We don't think the benefits of staying at altitude are massive enough. It was a great occasion and we don't like losing'. If we had taken 40 or 50 and lost the game, we would have been sitting here with long faces.
'Most of the teams defend high on the outside, ' Erasmus said, when highlighting the defensive errors of the team in first 20 minutes. We did the exact opposite. They were always going to come back into the game so I wasn't thinking "This is fantastic" after 20 minutes.
"I guess we could look at what happened in two ways".
"We will have to try a few things next week and we will have to make big calls going forward, which probably means we'll lose some matches, but we have to get players exposed to test rugby and see if they have what it takes to make it at this level". "There is no reason we can't turn it round, no reason at all".
The win put a seal on a historic day as the symbolism of Kolisi's appointment was widely hailed, capped by a standing ovation from the Ellis Park crowd at the end of the game as the debut skipper and his teammates completed a lap of honour. "This series was always going to be hard".
Jonny May's well-timed pass put Daly into space on England's left before the latter turned provider on the opposite flank for Owen Farrell, throwing a simple inside ball to set his captain scampering clear next to the posts. Not just saying we believe, not just chatting about it but having a proper deep belief that we can go and win this Test series.
- Tel Aviv Pride Parade 2018 expects record number of people
- Rashid Khan show is still on , Afghanistan defeat Bangladesh in T20I series
- Seven Shot During Raucous Party at North Hollywood Home
- Echostar Corp (NASDAQ:SATS) Institutional Investor Sentiment Trend
- BlackBerry KEY2 ARRIVES: Specs, Design & Features Detailed
- Fallout 76 is 4 times the size of Fallout 4
- Fossil Group's British business challenged by department store closures
- Jacqueline Fernandez suffers permanent eye injury
- Mercedes delay new engine until after Canada
- Vettel takes F1 title lead with Canada win