The Tigers came agonisingly close to eking out a consolation win when they needed nine runs off the final over, chasing a target of 146 runs at the Rajeev Gandhi International Stadium.
Before all the craze for Rashid Khan, one of Afghanistan's early stars was Mohammad Nabi, who continues to be an important performer. "We kept losing wickets after a good start", Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan said after the match. During the second T20 worldwide between Afghanistan and Bangladesh, Rashid returned figures of 4/12 from his quota of four overs. Nabi, meanwhile, dismissed Sabbir Rahman and Mushfiqur Rahim. Shakib even ensured that left handers didn't face Rashid Khan by bringing up massive changes in the batting order but ironically three of Rashid's four wickets were the left handers. Opening pair Mohammad Shahzad and Usman Ghani set the tone, the latter particularly struggling but hanging in there in a first-wicket stand of 55 which consumed 7.4 overs, ended as Shahzad missed a reverse sweep and was struck on the pad. The Bangladeshi batting line-up has just not been able to amass those all-important runs in the crucial overs of the match which has cost them the series.
Mushfiqur Rahim top-scored with 46, leading an impressive recovery after his team slipped to 53-4 midway through the ninth over. His steady offspin and big-hitting ability have made him a viable option in T20 leagues worldwide, and his impact is magnified when he plays for Afghanistan.
Islam (2/18) and Jayed (2/27) were the successful bowlers for Bangladesh in the inconsequential match.
Rashid did the bulk of the damage, taking 4 for 12, including the vital wickets of Shakib Al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal and Mosaddek Hossain in one over, the 16th of the innings.
Skipper Sakib also lifted his game to finish with 1-16, which made him only the third all-rounder to pick 500 global wickets and score 10000 runs. Asghar Stanikzai hasn't had much success and will be keen to get a decent score under his belt.
- BlackBerry KEY2 ARRIVES: Specs, Design & Features Detailed
- Taylor Swift is the other woman in Mad Men-esque video
- 'Goldbergs' Star Jackson O'Dell Dead at 20
- Petrol prices cut for 10th day in a row, diesel slashed too
- How Long The Microsoft Xbox Press Conference Will Be At E3 2018
- Gaza border protests: 4 Palestinians killed
- You may soon be using Android Messages on your Chromebook
- Mt. Juliet man found dead at Bonnaroo
- Messi: Barca need Griezmann for Champions League
- Glorious Leader Calls Justin Trudeau A Liar