Finn Korhonen carded a second successive bogey-free round at the Diamond Country Club, following up his opening 68 by signing for a 67 on Friday, leaving him clear at the summit on nine under par. Miguel Angel Jimenez leads a group in a tie for fourth at 7 under.
The European Tour tournament is the first held on a major tour in which players are being timed on every shot in an effort to speed up play.
They face a one-shot penalty for each bad time incurred, but none were handed out as the players quickly adapted to the experimental format.
Webster has not tasted victory since picking up his second title at the Portugal Masters nearly 11 years ago and does not now have a European Tour card, but he believes the quick pace of play in Austria can help him revive his fortunes. "I just need to stick to what I've been doing and hopefully that gets me there".
"I was about 25th reserve a few weeks ago and I was crossing my fingers to get in".
"That was pretty good but I didn't feel as good hitting the golf ball today as I did yesterday so I'm very happy with the score", said Korhonen. "Everyone is so positive about it and how it's gone so far".
The 37-year-old from Finland has yet to win on the European Tour, as he's posted a pair of runners-up (both in 2017) and 12 other top 10s.
"At the minute my schedule is a bit of Challenge Tour, bit of main tour".
After marking his Tour debut with a round of 71 on Thursday, 15-year-old amateur Tom McKibbin missed out on qualifying for the weekend after shooting 78.
Ruaidhri McGee just snuck in on two over.
- Taylor Swift is the other woman in Mad Men-esque video
- 'Goldbergs' Star Jackson O'Dell Dead at 20
- Ras Kimono is dead!
- Report Alleges Australian Forces Committed War Crimes In Afghanistan
- Tel Aviv Pride Parade 2018 expects record number of people
- Oil spill was 4800 litres
- Congo shows 'strong progress' in quelling Ebola outbreak
- Peter Navarro says 'there's a special place in hell' for Justin Trudeau
- Plastic straws will soon no longer be served at A&W Restaurants
- First screenshots and artworks for Just Cause 4 have been leaked online