News outlets report Georgia's Composite Medical Board issued the emergency suspension on Thursday, citing a threat to public health if Dr. Windell Davis-Boutte continues to practice medicine.
Such unusual antics, however, has landed Davis-Boutte in hot water before as several of her patients have sued her for botched procedures.
The board said one patient's lung collapsed after a liposuction and breast augmentation surgery on May 30.
"When I first saw those videos I was completely shocked", said Ojay Liburb. Though the patient survived the ordeal, the lack of oxygen caused her to suffer from permanent brain damage.
"My mother's future is mainly bed rest, wheelchair sitting", Liburb said.
However, WSB-TV claimed to have obtained at least two consent forms where patients-who went on to appear in Dr. Boutte's videos-either didn't sign or signed "N/A", indicating that they didn't wish to be recorded.
Though neither Davis-Boutte nor her publicist gave any official statement on the matter, in an interview, Davis-Boutte insisted that she would not go back and do anything differently as the unfortunate events were unforeseen and unpreventable.
"My daughter said it looked like a shark bit me", Gloria Slater told Inside Edition, showing the scars on her abdomen from what was supposed to be tummy tuck. "They were staged, they were planned". This week, it suspended Davis-Boutte's medical license. She also thanked her supportive staff, who she knew were "monitoring everything that's going on" in the operating room.
A doctor who wanted to be known as the "dancing doctor" gets her license revoked after several of her patients filed malpractice complaints as a result of botched procedures. Some of the videos also show while she's dancing she is cutting into the patients and performing work. The photo illustration shows a French general practitioner with a stethoscope in a doctor's office in Bordeaux, Jan. 7, 2015.
- Venango Relay for Life raises more than $15,000 | Front Page
- Youth killed by Israeli soldiers in West Bank village identified
- Mithali breaches 2000 T20I-run mark
- Two new species of ancient saber-toothed predators discovered
- 'Today' Pushes Back on Bill Clinton's Interview Attack
- USA: Kaala touches $1 million mark
- Pep Guardiola: I will never coach Barcelona again
- Insurer lobby group weighs in on Obamacare individual mandate case
- Bangladesh women surprise India
- Lynx use trip to Washington for day of service