The livestream above, courtesy of NASA TV's public streaming service, began coverage at 11.15pm BST straight from the Kazakhstani Cosmodrome.
American, German and Russian astronauts were on board. Aunon-Chancellor took off from the Russia-leased Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan on Wednesday, along with Sergey Prokopyev of Russian Federation, who works for Roscosmos, and Alexander Gerst of Germany, who works for the European Space Agency.
The daring trio are launching towards the ISS under the station's Expedition 56.
NASA is making it easy for stargazers and fans of space travel to watch the Wednesday morning, June 6 launch of three astronauts heading to the International Space Station from Kazakhstan.
The three astronauts will join Drew Feustel and Ricky Arnold of NASA and Oleg Artemyev of Roscosmos, who are now on the station.
On Friday, June 8, NASA will again focus on the astronauts approaching the space station.
Russia's State Space Corporation Roscosmos installed external video cameras on the Soyuz MS-09 spacecraft for the first time to test the methods of visual control over the carrier rocket's flight, Roscosmos said on Wednesday.
The NASA live stream comes days after the U.S. space agency broadcasted the return of Expedition 55 Commander Anton Shkaplerov, flight engineer Scott Tingle and Norishige Kanai of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency touching back on Earth. The three arriving astronauts will remain aboard until December.
Time will tell if any of the new crew members gain the profile of some earlier ISS inhabitants, including Chris Hadfield who became an online star for his cover of Bowie's Space Oddity, among other things, and Tim Peake, who had a fun time explaining how space toilets work and why somersaults in the space station don't make you dizzy.
With a view to deploying its reusable rocket system for crewed trips to and from the space station, SpaceX is continuing to develop its Dragon capsule.
- TOOTHLESS Makes a Love Connection in HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON
- Trump’s Trade Disputes With G-7 Are a ‘Family Quarrel,’ Kudlow Says
- It’s easy to get flash briefings from FOX6 News using Amazon’s ‘Alexa’
- Sandra Bullock Considered Leaving Hollywood over Sexism
- Trump, Trudeau Have 'Truly Warm' Friendship Despite Report Of Tense Call: Freeland
- €56m Man United man Fred suffers 'trauma in his ankle'
- Nabil Fekir Booked In For Liverpool Medical On Friday
- Arjun Tendulkar named in the India U19 squad
- Warriors upgrade Andre Iguodala (leg) to questionable for Game 3 on Wednesday
- Avalanche Studios Announces Open-World Action Game Generation Zero