The White House said earlier in 2018 that it would end direct funding of the orbiting outpost by 2025, a position that raised fierce opposition among some lawmakers. In February this year, Elon Musk successfully launched his new rocket, the Falcon Heavy, from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. It will be the second flight for German Alexander Gerst, and the first for the other astronauts, American Serena M. Auñón-Chancellor from Indianapolis and Sergey Prokopyev of Roscosmos.
Montauk Observatory is honored to have the opportunity to host a true American hero: Randolph "Komrade" Bresnik who, in December 2017, returned from 139 days in space as Commander of the International Space Station (ISS), for two lectures at Guild Hall in East Hampton this month.
You can catch the coverage from 8:15 a.m. ET, with the docking expected to take place at 9:07 a.m. ET. The three will be joining NASA astronauts Drew Feustel (who is commanding the current mission, Expedition 56) and Ricky Arnold, and Roscosmos cosmonaut Oleg Artemyev. The three arriving astronauts will remain aboard until December.
The crew will have to perform 55 scientific experiments during their mission, as well as head into outer space, carry out maintenance work and shoot videos.
This crew continues the long-term increase in crew size on the United States segment from three to four, allowing NASA to maximise time dedicated to research on the space station.
Bridenstine also said his top two priorities were the resumption of human spaceflight from the US -since 2011, American astronauts have relied on Russian transportation to get to the ISS-and going back to the Moon with the help of a new, nearby outpost that could ferry supplies there.
- ‘Fortnite’ Season 4, Week 6 Challenges Guide
- The amusing and heartbreaking trailer drops for HBO's Robin Williams documentary
- TSB chief under pressure to quit after rebuke from MPs
- Kick-Ass Reboot and Kingsman Universe Coming from Matthew Vaughn's New Studio
- GOP Senators Want To Limit Trump's Power On Trade
- Apple expected to order fewer iPhone devices in 2018
- Makers of ‘Life Is Strange’ announce psychological thriller ‘Twin Mirror’
- Rafael Nadal reaches 11th French Open semifinal
- Ex-Senate staffer faces charges in leak investigation
- Premier League winter break approved from 2019-20, FA confirms