He even adds that Aulas "has realised a pre-World Cup agreement might be the most profitable way of moving forward", as a ready-made "tournament premium" could be negotiated.
Klopp is continuing to chase a big money move for Nabil Fekir from Lyon and rumours continue to do the rounds that Roma keeper Alisson could be on his way, which means a cut price deal for a player like Shaqiri could be an attractive option.
It has been suggested a deal would cost the Merseyside outfit around £60million, but sporting director Michael Edwards is said to be pushing for below £50m with Fekir desperate to join the club. He reports that chances of Liverpool signing "at least one target" in the next 24 hours have increased "dramatically".
However, Les Gones have yet to label Fekir with a definitive price tag, with the Ligue 1 side preferring to wait until after the World Cup to make a decision regarding an appraisal of their midfield talent.
The lack of quality back-up was exposed towards the climax of the campaign and in the Champions League final when Salah went off injured in the first half.
The France global has been courted by the Reds this summer, after a stellar campaign with Lyon last season, where he chalked up an incredible 23 goals and eight assists in 40 appearances in all competitions - all from an attacking midfield role.
With regards Shaqiri, Hughes describes the Swiss winger as "low-risk and a bargain", with his £12 million release clause eradicating any need to negotiate with Stoke.
Everton, Leicester and West Ham are all thought to be keeping tabs on the Swiss worldwide.
- Warriors-Cavaliers Game 3
- Ethiopia to end boundary row with Eritrea, open for foreign investment
- Michael Myers returns in terrifying new images from Blumhouse's "Halloween"
- First lady Melania Trump makes first public appearance in weeks
- Apple officially rebrands iTunes Connect to App Store Connect
- Dell announces updated Inspiron Gaming Desktop with 8-core AMD Ryzen processors
- Audi's first-ever Q8 is gunning for X6
- Paul LePage must submit expanded Medicaid Obamacare plan, Judge rules
- Medicare and Social Security Finances Worsened Last Year
- Cadillac Super Cruise is finally getting the roll-out it deserves