McNicholl, the former Canterbury and Crusaders wing, has been playing for Welsh outfit the Scarlets since late 2016.
Scarlets beat Glasgow 28-13 in the Guinness Pro14 semifinal but face a tough test to be ready for this weekend's final against Leinster in Dublin.
Numerous team are suffering from coming into contact with the artificial surface in Scotland. "I went down on the deck for the ball and got a massive grass burn on my backside". I have a dozen grazes and my feet are numb.
"It has not been a couple of nice nights, sticking to the sheets", said the New Zealander.
"I hope more of these pitches do not crop up because I would not want to play on them". Our physio's room has been packed this week and I was not the worst.
The appointments for the Guinness PRO14 Final also ensure the criteria of capability and neutrality have been achieved across all six games in this season's Final Series where the match official teams (Referee, AR1, AR2 & TMO) have included the best from all five participating unions throughout the knock-out stages.
"I would prefer not to play on them".
"It was very bad on the weekend", responded Pivac when asked for his thoughts on the Scotstoun pitch. "No one trained yesterday [Monday] in terms of any rugby work on the field and there will be some who won't train today which is unfortunate, but we will have a full training session on Thursday".
"It's things that won't stop them playing, but it's not ideal". "I am not a fan of these pitches".
Barclay's unavailability for the first few months of next season is a set-back but shouldn't be a devastating blow to Edinburgh's chances of continuing the progress they have made during the campaign just finished. Last month the Pau back-row Steffon Armitage ruptured an achilles' tendon during the European Challenge Cup semi-final defeat at Cardiff Blues and is unlikely to play again this year.
Worldwide referees Nigel Owens (WRU), George Clancy (IRFU), John Lacey (IRFU), Stuart Berry (SARU) and Marius Mitrea (FIR) have all been in charge of Guinness PRO14 Final Series games while the SRU's Mike Adamson has been an assistant referee in each round.
The raft of injuries have been firmly blamed on the synthetic 4G pitch installed at Glasgow's Scotstoun Stadium that have caused the Llanelli team to alter plans as they manage treatment for large parts of the squad.
- Labor wants details of Pauline Hanson One Nation deal — Business tax cuts
- Florida City Sends Alert About Power Outage, Zombies
- Monkey escapes crate in San Antonio Airport
- N Korea allows S Korea reporters to visit nuclear site, witness denuclearisation
- Tesla Model 3 Braking Problem: Elon Musk Promises Free Fix If Needed
- Comcast Working on Fox Offer
- UP: 6 BJP MLAs file complaints for receiving extortion messages
- Researchers are DNA testing Loch Ness to identify the monster
- Blogger and gov't critic Wael Abbas latest to be arrested in Egypt
- Two men arrested in Antrim over 1988 murder of backpacker