According to reports in Billboard and other publications, the track is to be released on 25 May, and is being produced by Diplo, the United States producer behind hits with his group Major Lazer including Lean On and Cold Water.
Some people like to belittle Smith's rap career, but the man is a legend.
He also tagged American DJ Diplo and Kosovar singer and songwriter Era Istrefi in the post.
It will be Smith's first foray into the music scene since 2015 when he featured in Colombian band Bomba Estéreo's "Fiesta". He performs in Spanish or English, and a number of his tracks have garnered more than 1 billion views on YouTube.
There are multiple songs associated with the World Cup each time around.
The FIFA World Cup begins in Russian Federation on June 14 and it is tradition for the artist who performs the official song to perform at the final.
However Smith and co would be expected to perform their song at the opening ceremony.
Will Smith is returning to music by lending his rap vocals to the official song of the 2018 soccer World Cup. 'So excited for the World Cup, can't wait to be there and experience it'. Twelve stadiums in 11 host cities will hold games, with more than a million fans expected to arrive in Russian Federation to support the 32 participating teams.
- Sturgeon may mull independence again
- Higher fuel and staff costs to weigh on Ryanair profits
- British-Iranian jailed in Tehran faces new charge: family
- House Farm Bill Dormant Amid Immigration Dispute
- Trump says summit with North Korea's Kim Jong-un may be delayed
- EPA prevents three news organizations from attending conference on water contaminants
- Venezuela elections: What's next after Maduro's re-election
- Syria seeks to crush Daesh pocket, denies evacuation deal
- Kiwi scientists lead search for Loch Ness monster
- Trump participates in swearing-in of CIA Director Gina Haspel