Ms Sturgeon was pressed on the timing of a second independence referendum on ITV's Peston on Sunday.
She will deliver a speech on the union at the Policy Exchange in London on Monday, a day after SNP leader and First Minister Nicola Sturgeon promised to "restart the debate" on Scottish independence with the publication of her party's long-awaited growth commission this Friday.
She was scathing about Sturgeon's comments about looking again at independence, saying the SNP was "reverting back to its favoured position of seeing if anything turns up".
"So I believe most of the UK's fishing infrastructure should be based north of the border".
The growth commission, chaired by former SNP MSP Andrew Wilson, was set up in 2016 to make recommendations on monetary policy for an independent Scotland as well as the range of transitional cost and benefits.
"What I think Scotland now has the opportunity to do is look at how we seize the opportunities that lie ahead".
It has been reported the 400-page document will recommend that the pound would be used in a transition period after independence, before moving to a new Scottish currency that would initially be pegged to sterling.
"In 2014 we were told that the only way of staying in the European Union was to vote against independence", he said.
Scottish Labour meanwhile has argued that the SNP should focus on housing, economy and health instead of "igniting another divisive independence referendum campaign".
She said that it was "unlikely" that the latest drive would be met with enthusiasm, but warned against "complacency" and "indifference".
Wealthy investors would be given preferential treatment under a separate Scotland's immigration system using.
"We've set out clearly what that would require and if the Westminster government has the will to reach an agreement then certainly it can be done", she said.
The Scottish Conservative leader argued that Scotland and other parts of the United Kingdom "don't just need more devolution, they now need more Union too".
- Avoiding the Next Direct Confrontation Between Israel and Iran
- Swedes told to prepare for conflict in Cold War-style booklet
- Oil rises amid worry that Venezuela's output could fall further
- Mowgli movie trailer: DARKER Jungle Book with Benedict Cumberbatch's Shere Khan
- Santa Fe High School had armed officers, award-winning safety plan
- Syria seeks to crush Daesh pocket, denies evacuation deal
- Letters to Santa Fe: Join us in offering support to the victims
- Emery new favourite for Arsenal job after impressive interview
- Sparks fly over 'flaws' in Tesla Model 3
- Wrong to instigate communities Shaina NC on Archbishop's letter to churches