"It's kind of hard, it feels kind of weird being at work, because it scares me a little bit not being safe besides at my home", explained Jayda Overbeck, a Santa Fe High School student who works at Lorenzo's Pizza.
In the wake of the tragic Santa Fe shooting, multiple districts across the Houston area are adding security now. Arlington Police Department officials confirmed that patrols and staffing have been increased since the deadly school shooting in Parkland, Florida and said "all calls to schools are priority calls now regardless of type of call".
The last day of school in the Arlington ISD is June 1.
"Sometimes people grow up mistreated, sometimes they're scared, nervous or they do it out of hate", he added.
"One of the keys to a safe environment is that culture of awareness, of people feeling open that they can speak up if they see any (thing) suspicious", she said.
"Through the end of the school year, we are asking that no students wear trench coats or other heavy clothing that could potentially hide weapons", Henry said.
The school counselor says laws aren't going to change people's morality, but there's one thing that will.
"If you build relationships with kids, especially the ones who are what we would call loners or by themselves or friendless or have been bullied you build relationships, meaningful relationships with kids like that and the likelihood of something like this happening goes way down", said Heyduck. "I had this message queued up for Friday, but could not bring myself to push send".
The two best friends were OK, but they too, knew some of the victims.
"I knew Ms. Perkins and Ms. Tisdale".
- Israel Says F-35s See First-Ever Combat With IDF Over Syria
- Baltimore County police officer shot, killed
- Headphone startup Ossic goes belly up and backers lose out
- BJP spent Rs 6.500 cr in Karnataka elections: Congress
- DoJ agrees to expand election inquiry after Trump meeting, White House says
- Cougar kills mountain biker, injures another near Seattle
- On the Billboard Awards 2018
- Kevin Durant offered his own NSFW endorsement of Steph Curry's cursing
- 'American Idol' Finale: Katy Perry's Pick To Win Season 16
- Border Patrol Questions 2 US Citizens for Speaking Spanish in Montana